|Beef bones||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Veal knuckle||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Onion||1 Large, studded with cloves|
|Celery stalks with top leaves||2|
|Carrots||1 Large, roughly chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Cold water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, add the beef bones, knuckle of veal and onion together.
2) Cover with water, gradually bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
3) Stir in the salt, vegetables, garlic if used, parsley and peppercorns, then simmer for another 1 hour.
4) Strain the stock in a bowl and allow to cool immediately.
5) Then cover the stock and store in the refrigerator until needed.
6) Skim off any surface fat with a slotted spoon while using the stock.
7) Use the Beef Stock as required.