|Beef bones||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Veal knuckle||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Onion||1 Large, studded with cloves|
|Celery stalks with top leaves||2|
|Carrots||1 Large, roughly chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Cold water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, add the beef bones, knuckle of veal and onion together.
2) Cover with water, gradually bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
3) Stir in the salt, vegetables, garlic if used, parsley and peppercorns, then simmer for another 1 hour.
4) Strain the stock in a bowl and allow to cool immediately.
5) Then cover the stock and store in the refrigerator until needed.
6) Skim off any surface fat with a slotted spoon while using the stock.
7) Use the Beef Stock as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 920 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.1%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 360 mg120%
Sodium 2547.6 mg106.1%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.4%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 89 g178.2%
Vitamin A 255.8% Vitamin C 62.8%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet