Authentic Chicken Stock
|Chicken||5 Pound, cleaned and washed|
|Cold water||3 Quart|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Parsnip||1 , diced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||1 (Knorr)|
1. Clean the chicken and place them in cold water in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Skim foam that form on top of water, as the chicken cooks.
4. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer chicken until it is tender for about 1 1/2 hours.
6. Remove chicken and strain stock.
7. Chill the stock in a covered container in refrigerator.
8. Remove layer of fat that will rise to the top when thoroughly chilled.
9. Heat stock for soup and sauces.
10. Or use it cold to make an aspic or jellied soup.
11. The chicken and vegetables may be returned to stock for a chicken soup meal or for making chicken salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4376 Calories from Fat 2273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 252 g387.8%
Saturated Fat 71.9 g359.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1519.5 mg506.5%
Sodium 4162.3 mg173.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.8%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 464 g927%
Vitamin A 80.5% Vitamin C 83.8%
Calcium 50.7% Iron 129.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet