|Knuckle of lamb||1 Kilogram|
|White wine/2 tablespoon lime juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unpeeled onions||2 Medium, roots removed, sliced|
|Carrot||1 Large, sliced (Unpeeled Ones)|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Ginger||2 Inch, sliced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wash the bones and meat
2. Cut into manageable pieces and wash well again
3. Blanch the meat in boiling water for 2 minutes and then discard the water. This will remove strong smells from the bone.
4. Return the bones back to the pan and add wine and simmer again over moderate heat.
5. Cook till the wine is reduced to 3-4tsp. then add the rest of the ingredients with 3 liters of cold water and bring to the boil again
6. Reduce heat and skim again. Simmer half covered for 2-1/2 hours while skimming constantly. Add lime juice if you are not using wine. Strain the mix, cool and chill and remove the congealed fat. Freeze for later
7. Use as required in soups, casseroles etc
Use within 1-1 1/2 months