Simmered Fish Stock
|Fish head and bones||2 Kilogram (Preferably Sea Sole, Pomfret, Carp, Salmon Or Sea Bass)|
|Lime||1⁄2 , rind and juice taken|
|Green chilli||1 , slit and seeded|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs), scrubbed, washed and roughly chopped without peeling|
|Onion||1 Medium, roots removed|
1. Wash the fish bones and heads.
2. Chop into small pieces and wash again
3. Place all ingredients in a large stock pot, and add 1 1/2 liters of cold water and bring to boil.
4. Lower heat and skim the pan regularly. Simmer for 30 minutes, half-covered while skimming so that the scum is removed.
5. Strain, cool and use
6. Use as required in soups, casseroles etc
Use within 1-1 1/2 months