Rich Chicken Stock
|Lean pork belly||8 Ounce, cubed (225 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into chunks|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Pint (1.5 Liter)|
1. In a medium sized wok, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil.
2. Discard scum which rises to surface while boiling.
3. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 60 minutes.
4. Once cooked, strain mixture through a soup strainer which is lined with muslin cloth.
5. Refrigerate and use as required.
6. Shred chopped chicken joints and simmer along with prepared stock, seasoning and parsley to make a quick chicken soup.
If chicken stock looks greasy, refrigerate and then discard fat that will form on surface.
This stock can be frozen and used as required as a base for any soup.