|Dressed fish||1 1⁄2 Pound (With Head And Tail, Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Celery stalk with leaves||1 , chopped|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Whole black peppercorns||3|
1. Cut up fish, if necessary, to fit the pan size
2. In a saucepan, combine fish along with the onion, celery, parsley, lemon, salt, peppercorns, cloves and 6 cups cold water; bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Line 2 layers of cheesecloth and strain the stock through it; discard the skin, bones, and seasonings; reserve the fish for another use.
5. Stock can be used to make soup, stew, roast and even rice as it has a marvelous taste and aroma.