|Dressed fish||1 1⁄2 Pound (With Head And Tail, Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Celery stalk with leaves||1 , chopped|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Whole black peppercorns||3|
1. Cut up fish, if necessary, to fit the pan size
2. In a saucepan, combine fish along with the onion, celery, parsley, lemon, salt, peppercorns, cloves and 6 cups cold water; bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Line 2 layers of cheesecloth and strain the stock through it; discard the skin, bones, and seasonings; reserve the fish for another use.
5. Stock can be used to make soup, stew, roast and even rice as it has a marvelous taste and aroma.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 353.8 mg117.9%
Sodium 2439.2 mg101.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 138 g275.9%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 63.5%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet