|Fish trimmings||1 Pound (450 Grams, white fish, Head, Bones And Tails)|
|Cold water||2 Pint (1.2 Liter)|
|Onion||1 , roughly chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , sliced|
|Thin lemon rind||1 (Thinly Pared)|
1) In a colander, add fish trimmings and rinse under cold running water.
2) Empty into a large pot and cover with cold water.
3) Gently allow to boil and scoop off ay scum that surfaces.
4) Add the onion, celery stalk, bouquet garni, lemon rind, salt, and green peppercorns and
5) Place lid, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Continue to remove the scum if required.
6) Strain and cool.
7) To freeze for up to 3 months, cool and store in sealable containers.
8) You can also boil the strained stock and reduce by one half. Freeze in ice cube trays.
9) Put the frozen stock cubes in a sealable bag and store for up to 3 months.
10) Use the fresh stock in soups or casseroles.
11) To use the frozen stock, turn it out into a pot and gently heat with 2 tbls water for about 30 minutes, stirring and turning the block occasionally.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.9 mg78.6%
Sodium 864.9 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 92 g184.7%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 40.5%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet