Rosie's Vegetable Stock
|Purified water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Parsnips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Turnip/Rutabaga||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onions||2 Medium, quartered (With Skin)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
1. In a large water-filled pot, add all the ingredients and bring to boil.
2. Lower the heat and allow the mixture to be simmered for about 3 hours.
3. Using a colander or a fine sieve, strain the stock into an airtight container.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 5 days or freeze after cooling until used.
5. Use it to steam vegetables and cook rice or polenta for extra flavor.