All Purpose Rich Brown Beef Stock
|Beef marrow bones||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Veal knuckle||1 , cut into pieces|
|Lean beef soup meat||2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes (Either Short Ribs, Bottom Round Or Shin, 1 Scant Kilogram)|
|Whole garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and finely minced|
|Yellow onions||2 Medium, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Carrots||2 Medium, scraped and cut lengthwise into eighths|
|Whole coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Leek white portion only||1 , desanded and chunked|
|Celery stalk with leaves||1 , chopped|
|Fresh parsley leaves||60 Milliliter, chopped (1/4 Cup, And Stalk)|
|Fresh thyme leaves/1 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Marjoram leaves/1 teaspoon dried marjoram||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Fresh)|
|Whole bay leaf||1|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Whole black peppercorns||12|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 1/4 Deciliter)|
1) In a 6 quarts pressure cooker, place the bone and knuckle pieces and cover with cold water.
2) Bring to a rapid boil until bubbly, then drain off the water and rinse the bones under running cold water.
3) Rinse the pressure cooker, return the bones and stir in rest of the ingredients.
4) Cover with 2 quarts (2 liters) of cold water so that the pot is full only up to 2/3 capacity.
5) Place the lid, bring up the pressure to 15 pounds and cook for 30 minutes.
6) Then turn off the heat and lower the pressure immediately.
7) Take off the pressure cooker lid and allow to slightly cool down.
8) Skim off the surface fat, strain out all the solids and store the broth covered, in the refrigerator.
9) Use as required.