Brown Or White Stock
|Beef bones/Veal / chicken bones||35 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Mixed vegetables||8 Ounce, chopped (225 Gram, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Leeks)|
|Bouquet garni||1 (Bay Leaf, Thyme, Parsley Stalks, Peppercorns)|
|Water||4 Pint (2 1/3 Liters)|
1. In a large stock pot, tip in the bones, vegetables and herbs. Place the bones on top of the vegetables so that they are covered with the bones.
2. Cover with cold water
3. Bring to the boil immediately
4. Add cold water to the soup to bring the impurities to the surface so that they can be skimmed off
5. Reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 3-4 hours
6. Skim the scum off frequently
7. Strain after four hours
8. Discard the vegetables and bones.
9. Mix with other dishes as required