You can make this spicy tofu stew with just meat (beef or pork) alone, or with your favorite seafoods or a combinations of beef, pork and seafoods. Watch the recipe video below and decide what combination you wanna use for the preparation of this spicy tofu stew (soon tofu)...
Extra soft tofu
12 Ounce (1 Pack)
50 Gram (For Stew)
Red chili pepper
Green chili pepper
1 Tablespoon, chopped
Korean red chili flakes
3 Tablespoon (Depending On How Spicy You Want To Make It)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1. If you have live clams, put them in salt water over night in a dark place so that they spit out sand. Then, wash before cooking. (frozen seafoods should work too)
2. Dice vegetables and cut beef into small pieces.
3. Pre-heat a pot on low heat. Add sesame oil, beef and Korean chili pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add onion and zucchini and season with 1 tablespoon of salt. Cook for 5 minutes. If vegetables stick to the bottom. Add a little bit of water.
5. Add water and garlic. Bring to boil on high heat.
6. Put the stone bowl on high heat to pre-heat. (if you are using it)
7. Add shrimp and squid. Cook for 3 minutes.
8. Taste and season with salt.
9. Add clams and extra soft tofu. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
* Try not to stir too much at this point as tofu is very delicate.
* If you are using live clams, you know they are cooked when the open up.
10. Transfer gently into the stone bowl. Add pepper, Enochi mushrooms, green peppers, red and green chili peppers on top.