Pumpkin And Mixed Vegetable Stew
|Butternut squash||1 , peeled and cut into cubes|
|Pumpkin||1⁄4 , peeled and cubed|
|Potato||1 , peeled and cubed|
|Tomatoes||2 , cubed|
|Onions||1 , diced (Fresh Or Dry)|
|Carrots||4 , peeled and sliced|
|Canned chickpeas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, cut|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs) (A Handful)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Oil/Oil spray||2 Tablespoon|
1. Sauté the onions, start by adding the vegetables that take longer to cook, start with the butternut squash, pumpkins, potatoes and carrots.
2. Cover the pot and let cook for few minutes before you start adding the rest of the ingredients.
3. Add your hot chilies if you are using any.
4. Add your spices, tomatoes and parsley, mix, cover and let cook for few minutes more.
5. Add the tomato paste with water, mix and let cook for few minutes.
6. Add the cinnamon and the ginger.
7. Add water, chickpeas, dry apricots, the basil and cilantro.
8. It will take about 40 minutes till the stew is fully cooked.
9. Make sure the vegetables are all soft but not to the point that they become mushy.
10. Serve hot with rice on the side. Enjoy.
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 134.6 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 733.4% Vitamin C 139%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet