Our family's favorite stew! Savory, filling, quick & easy - this recipe will warm up on a cold winter day.
2 Tablespoon (2 packets seasoning)
1 Tablespoon (or pimento stuffed olives)
15 Ounce (1 can)
Onion soup powder
1 Tablespoon (1 packet) (Optional)
1 Medium, peeled, cubed
30 Ounce, halved with liquid (3 cans)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3 Medium, boiled, halved
1 Cup (16 tbs) (arroz blanca)
1. In medium pot on stove add olive oil. Turn heat to medium.
2. Add sofrito, sazon and capers. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Pour the tomato sauce, onion soup packet (if using) and season with salt to taste.
4. Add potato and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Put the Vienna Sausages, water and resume cooking for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
6. Put the halved boiled eggs and continue cooking for 5 more minutes on low heat.
7. In a serving plate, serve the stew with white rice (arroz blanca).