|Carrot||2 Small, diced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, diced|
|Onion||2 Medium, sliced|
|Beef||2 Pound, diced|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or water)|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a dutch oven, pour some oil and let it heat, pop in the beef , season with salt & pepper, sear the meat and place it in a different dish once seared.
2. In the same oven, put the onions carrot and flour to let the gravy thicken.
3. Pour in the red wine, beef stock, add the beef, bring the contents to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 90 minutes.
4. Add some potatoes and continue cooking until they are tender for 60 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt & pepper and sprinkle with some fresh herbs.
6. Serve this as a stew or as a main dish with rice.