|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs) (uncooked)|
|Carrots/About 1.5 cups||2 (diced or chopped)|
|Celery ribs/About 1 cup||2 (diced or chopped)|
|Daikon radish||1 (diced or chopped)|
|Potato/About 1.5 cups||1 (diced or chopped)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (diced)|
|Radishes/About 1/4 cup||2 (diced or chopped)|
|Spinach||3 Cup (48 tbs) (roughly chopped)|
|Collard green leaves/About 1 cup||4 (roughly shopped)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock/Plus 1/2-1 cup water if necessary||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cayenne||1 Pinch (add more if you want it spicier)|
|Sweet paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for topping)|
1. Heat soup pot. Add oil.
2. Add veggies and 1 t salt.
3. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until veggies are getting tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, stir, and cook 2 minutes more.
1. Add tomato paste and 1 T balsamic vinegar, stir around and cook 2 minutes.
2. Add remaining seasonings, including another t of salt (if desired) and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until lentils are soft, about 30-40 minutes.
3. Add another 1/2 to 1 C water if it’s getting too thick. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
4. Remove from heat. Add in spinach, collard greens, and 1 T balsamic vinegar.
5. Stir until wilted down. Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.7 mg1.9%
Sodium 1165.3 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.8%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 112.3% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet