Kimchi Jigae - Traditional Korean Stew
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork bones||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Boneless pork loin||1 Pound, cut into 2 inch long strips|
|Kimchi||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|For beef broth|
|Beef broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Dried shitake mushrooms||2|
|Dried seaweed||10 Gram|
|For korean egg roll|
|Green onions||2 , diced small|
|Jalapeno||2 , diced small|
|For the dip to go with the toasted seaweed|
|Green onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For the add ons|
|Korean glass noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||4 Sliced Thin At An Angle|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
1. Heat the beef broth with the shitake mushroom and the dried seaweed.
2. In a Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan, heat the cooking oil.
3. Add the pork bones and season with salt and pepper.
4. Brown the bones on a medium high heat before adding in the pieces of the boneless pork.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour in the kimchi along with the juices.
7. Saute everything together for some time.
8. Pour in 4 cups of the beef broth.
9. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on medium heat for 30 – 45 minutes. Stir in between to prevent it from getting stuck to the bottom of the pot.
10. For the Egg roll: Ina bowl, crack the eggs.
11. Add the chopped jalapeno and green onions.
12. Season with salt and pepper and whisk it well.
13. Heat a pan and oil it.
14. Pour in the eggs and cook as shown in the video.
15. Plate it along with ketchup and sriracha.
16. For the dip to go with the roasted sea weed: In a bowl, mix together green onions, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and sesame seeds. Stir to mix.
17. Once the kimchi jigae is done simmering, pour out an individual portion in a stone ware bowl and heat it again.
18. Top with glass noodles that have been allowed to soak in hot water for a few minutes.
19. Add tofu slices, green onions and sesame seeds and let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
20. Serve hot along with the platters of egg roll and roasted seaweed.