6 1⁄3 Cup (101.33 tbs) (add 1/3 cup of water if required)
Salt and pepper
1. Place a skillet on high heat, pour oil and cook onion in it for 5 minutes or until caramelized.
2. In slow cooker, add meat, cabbage, caramelized onion, lemon zest, garam masala, chilli flakes, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour water to cover everything. Mix well.
4. Cover it with lid and cook for 4 ½ hours on high setting.
5. Then, add lemon juice and rice in it. Taste and add more salt, if required. Mix well. Cook for another 20-30 minutes or until rice is done.
6. Serve beef stew with sour cream or yogurt.
Water should be 1-inch above all ingredients.