1. In a bowl, combine meat and flour. Mix to coat evenly. Set aside.
2. Place a large skillet on medium high heat; pour oil and sauté onion and carrot in it. Cook until caramelized.
3. In a crock pot, transfer cooked onion.
4. In the same skillet, pour oil, drop beef and cook until brown on very high heat. Do it in batches without overcrowding the skillet. Transfer it to crock pot.
5. Add tomato paste, and cover it with water. Mix well.
6. Drop salt, citric acid, sugar, and black pepper. Cover it with lid, and allow it to cook on high for 8 hours.