Here is a nice recipe for vegetarian lentil stew. Serve it with brown rice. I don’t know about you but I love lentils! I could eat them every day! They are delicious, frugal and super healthy – high in protein and low in fat!
1. Wash, rinse and drain the lentils.
2. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
3. In a sauce pan, heat olive oil.
4. Add onions; cook till translucent for about 5 minutes.
5. Put the celery, carrots. Sauté and cook them till tender.
6. Add the parsley and garlic. Cook till fragrant.
7. Put the lentils and pour 4 cups water to cover the ingredients.
8. Add the dry sherry. Season it with salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
9. Bring it to boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
10. Add 2 more cups of water and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Adjust the salt and mix it.
11. In a serving plate, serve this stew with brown rice or white rice garnished with parsley.