Green Bean Stew
|Beef||3⁄4 Pound, cut into small pieces (round chuck)|
|Green beans||3⁄4 Pound, stringed, cut into 2 inch piece|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Carrot||3 Medium, peeled, sliced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Jalapeno||1 Medium, seeded, finely chopped|
|Beef broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Red potatoes||2 Medium, peeled, cubed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
1. Prepare all the ingredients according to the list.
2. Heat a heavy pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the beef and cook for a couple minutes.
3. Put the chopped onions and mix well. Cook for another couple of minutes.
4. Add the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until beef is browned.
5. Sprinkle the thyme, oregano and parsley. Mix well. Add the peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Put the carrots and green beans. Mix well. Cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add the tomato paste and the stock. Season with black pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer softly for 20 minutes.
8. Put the potatoes and cook for another 20 minutes.
9. In a serving plate, serve the stew with rice.
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.7 mg17.6%
Sodium 1377.7 mg57.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.9%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 172.8% Vitamin C 75.2%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet