Black Bean Stew with Turkey
|Turkey legs||2 Pound (bone in)|
|Squash||1 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Black beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked overnight|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|All spice seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chipotle pepper||6 , chop|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water/Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a pot, put turkey legs at the bottom. Add black beans, squash, onion, and garlic in it.
2. Sprinkle salt, cumin, all spice, oregano, and chili powder on top.
3. Put tomato paste in pot. Then, throw chopped chipotle pepper in it.
4. Add Worcestershire sauce and water. Place pot in slow cooker and cook for 8-10 hours over low heat.
5. Two hours before the end of cooking, take the turkey pieces out of the pot, de-bone and put it back again.
6. Serve black bean stew with bread slices.
If required, you can add some liquid about 2 hours before the end.
You can use water, wine or chicken stock to prepare the stew.
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.6 mg15.9%
Sodium 288.2 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 23 g45.8%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet