Beef Stew And New York Chili
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chop|
|Easy beef stew meat||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|String bean||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Fresh thyme||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), crushed|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Black bean soup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Spanish smoked paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
1. For the Beef Stew: In a pot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
2. Next, add 2 cups of beef and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Next, add 1 cup chopped potatoes with the skin on, 1/2 cup string beans, 1/2 cup celery, 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/4 cup thyme and 1/4 cup parsley.
4. Toss all the ingredients to sear them and then put the lid on and let it cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add 1/2 can of crushed tomatoes, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and mix.
6. Add 1/2 can of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of crushed tomato.
7. Add water to cover the ingredients and put the lid on and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, put the stove off and let the stew cook in it's own juices for an hour.
9. For the New York Chili: In another pot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
10. Add 2 cups of beef and cook for 5 minutes.
11. Add 1/2 cup celery, 1/2 cup carrots and 1/2 cup onions and saute until soft.
12. Add 1 bowl of black bean soup.
13. Add 1 tablespoon of spanish smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
14. Mix well and let it cook down for 15-20 minutes.
15. After 20 minutes, put the stove off and let the chili cook in it's own heat for an hour.
16. After cooking in its own heat for an hour, the stew and chili are ready to be eaten.
17. Serve the beef stew and new york chili with bread.