ALL-IN-ONE FIESTA STEW POT
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef chuck cubes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Defatted beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White potatoes||6 Small, cubed (peeled)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium (cored, seeded, 2 " strip)|
|Pepper red||1 Medium (cored, seeded, 2 " strip)|
|Onion||1 Medium, slivered (peeled)|
|Tomatoes with green chilies||10 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Granny smith apple||2 (cored,1 " cubes)|
|Red kidney beans||15 1⁄4 Ounce (drained)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Black olives||1 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
01. Combine the flour, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
02. Add the beef cubes and toss, with a fork to coat.
03. Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
04. Brown the beef, in batches, on all sides.
05. Return the beef to pot.
06. Add the beef broth and apple juice.
07. Cover and simmer over medium heat until the meat is tender, about 1 hour.
08. Add the potatoes, bell peppers, onion, tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce and honey.
09. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 to 35 minutes.
10. Add the apples and kidney beans.
11. Cover and simmer until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes.
12. Stir in the chopped parsley.
13. Serve in shallow bowls, garnished with the shredded cheese and chopped olives.
Calories 811 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.5 mg25.8%
Sodium 455.6 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.3%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A 38.4% Vitamin C 158.3%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 49.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet