1. Marinate the fish filets in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the seven spice mix, for about 20 minutes.
2. In a tagine or a flame proof casserole, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Sauté the onions and garlic until soft and lightly browned. Add a little salt as per taste.
4. Empty in the can of diced tomatoes with the juice and stir. If the tomatoes do not have any paprika, add it separately as per your preference.
5. Cover and simmer the onions and tomato gravy until thick in consistency.
6. Arrange the marinated fish fillets in the tomato onion gravy and mix lightly.
7. Simmer covered until the fish is tender and flakes easily.
8. Uncover and simmer a couple of minutes more.
9. Serve in the tagine, garnished with chopped cilantro and Italian parsley.
10. Accompany with bread or couscous.
This wonderful herby fish and tomato stew tastes as good as it looks and will transport you to the Middle East. Don't worry if you don't have a tagine – you can make this dish in a casserole as well. It is a flavorful and healthy fish dish that is elegant and perfect for summer entertaining.