Pompano & Tomato Tagine
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), dice (along with paprika)|
|Fish fillet||6 Medium (pompano)|
|Seven spice||1 Teaspoon (moroccan harissa spice)|
|Fresh cilantro||5 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||5 Teaspoon, chopped finely (Italian parsley)|
1. Marinate the fish filets in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the seven spice mix, for about 20 minutes.
2. In a tagine or a flame proof casserole, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Sauté the onions and garlic until soft and lightly browned. Add a little salt as per taste.
4. Empty in the can of diced tomatoes with the juice and stir. If the tomatoes do not have any paprika, add it separately as per your preference.
5. Cover and simmer the onions and tomato gravy until thick in consistency.
6. Arrange the marinated fish fillets in the tomato onion gravy and mix lightly.
7. Simmer covered until the fish is tender and flakes easily.
8. Uncover and simmer a couple of minutes more.
9. Serve in the tagine, garnished with chopped cilantro and Italian parsley.
10. Accompany with bread or couscous.
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.7 mg42.9%
Sodium 585.8 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 47 g93.3%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C 38.5%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet