Tasty Salsa Verde Pork & Pasta Stew
|Rotini||13 Ounce (Dreamfields, 1 Box)|
|Chipotle chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Pork tenderloin||1 Pound, trimmed cut into 1-inch pieces (1 Piece)|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Reduced sodium fat free chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salsa verde||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Prepared)|
|Black beans||15 Ounce, rinsed, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped avocado||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan; cover and keep warm.
2) In medium bowl, stir together cumin, chili powder and 2 teaspoons oil. Add pork; stir to coat.
3) Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork. Cook 5 to 7 minutes until browned and cooked through, turning occasionally. (Reduce heat if pork is browning too quickly.) Remove from skillet; set aside.
4) Add onion and 2 tablespoons broth to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat (stirring up any browned bits) about 3 minutes, until onions are crisp-tender. Stir in salsa, remaining broth, and beans, if using. Bring to boil.
5) Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Return pork to skillet. Heat through. Portion pasta into individual serving dishes.
7) Top with stew and serve with lime wedges.
8) Garnish with avocado, sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3997 Calories from Fat 771
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.4%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 335.1 mg111.7%
Sodium 1146.8 mg47.8%
Total Carbohydrates 588 g195.9%
Dietary Fiber 115.6 g462.4%
Sugars 57.5 g
Protein 251 g502.8%
Vitamin A 90% Vitamin C 84.9%
Calcium 83.3% Iron 197.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet