Many experts agree that garden egg is a cholesterol lowering fruit. But apart for it health benefit, garden eggs are very delicious in stew. They are very popular in many West African countries such as Nigeria, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory cost and so on.
800 Gram, cut into medium size
Garden eggs/3 eggplants
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Or Dried)
Vegetable oil/Palm oil
2 , minced
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1. Heat the vegetable oil on medium and add the chicken, minced onion, garlic and ginger
2. Stir fry for few minutes and let the chicken cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the water (you can add hot water if you are in a hurry) and add the garden eggs, tomatoes and the remaining onion.
4. Let it simmer until the vegetables are tender, approximately 20 minutes.
5. When the vegetables are tender, remove from the saucepan and put in a food processor.
6. Mix until smooth.
7. In the pot, add the shrimps, bouillon cube, salt and pepper to your taste.
8. Pour the garden egg mixture into the saucepan and let it simmer for 20 more minutes or till you get your desired consistency.
Try something new in your kitchen. Watch this recipe video for Garden Egg and Chicken Stew. This African dish is unique as it is thickened with the garden egg puree. Have a look at the video and give it a go.