|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Dried lentils||1 Pound, washed|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||6 Large, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Celery stalks||4 Large, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Canned diced tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Take a large skillet and melt butter in it.
2) Add onion and garlic. Saute until onion gets tender.
3) Add lentils, water, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf.
4) Cover and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
5) Add celery, carrots and salt. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables become tender.
6) Add tomatoes and cook for some more time.
7) Remove bay leaf and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with parsley.