Lentil And Rice Stew
|Chuck||3 Pound, cut into 2 inch cubes|
|Onions||3 , diced|
|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
1) Wash and soak lentils in cold water for about 2 hours.
2) Take a skillet and melt fat in it. Add beef and cook until brown.
3) Drain the lentils and add to the skillet.
4) Add pepper, salt and boiling water.
5) Cook over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
6) Add rice and cook for another 25 minutes.
7) Pour in individual bowls and serve immediately.