Oven Chicken Stew
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut into 8 pieces|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 Medium, cut in half crosswise, quartered lengthwise|
|Frozen small onions||16 Ounce (1 package)|
|Whole mushrooms||6 Ounce, drained (1 jar, Green Giant)|
|Sweet peas||9 (1 package Green Giant Harvest, fresh / frozen, thawed)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In small bowl add 1 teaspoon salt, poultry seasoning, paprika and pepper. Mix well.
3. Rub the mixture on the chicken.
4. In 5-quart Dutch oven heat oil and brown chicken over medium-high heat.
5. Drain out the chicken and discard oil.
6. To the Dutch oven add tomato paste.
7. Add chicken broth, stir and bring to boil.
8. Add the chicken.
9. Add carrots, onions and mushrooms.
10. Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours until done.
11. Add peas and stir.
12. Place over stovetop on medium-high heat.
13. In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water.
14. Mix it to the stew and cook until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
15. Season with salt.
16. Serve hot.