Fanfare Seafood Stew
|Haddock fillets/Cod fillets||8 Ounce, thawed (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Cream sherry/Cooking sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped ginger root||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Large shrimp||8 Ounce, uncooked, thawed, shelled and deveined (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Olive oil/Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish broth/Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen broccoli carrot fanfare||16 Ounce (Green Giant Valley, Combinations)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut the fillets into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a large bowl, add cream sherry, gingerroot, salt, pepper and garlic and mix well.
3. Add fish and shrimp and toss or shake to coat.
4. Let it stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
5. Drain out and reserve the marinade.
6. In Dutch oven or wok heat oil over medium flame
7. Add the fish and shrimp, fry until opaque in color, 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Remove, keep the contents warm.
9. Add in fish broth, soy sauce and reserved marinade to Dutch oven and mix all contents well.
10. Add vegetables and bring the contents to boil.
11. Decrease heat, cover and cook under low flame for 5 to 7 minutes until vegetables are crisp and tender.
12. In a small bowl, add cornstarch and water and mix well.
13. Pour into the stew and stir.
14. Cook until the content is thickened for about 1 minute.
15. Add fish and shrimp, and stir.
16. Cook until fully heated.
17. Serve hot.