Three Pepper Meatball Stew
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oat bran||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked regular long grain rice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1 1/2 by 1-inch pieces|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , cut into 1 1/2 by 1-inch pieces|
|Yellow bell pepper||1⁄2 , cut into 1 1/2 by 1-inch pieces|
|Canned pineapple juice||6 Ounce|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. In large bowl add ground beef, onion, oat bran, salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and egg.
2. With a spoon blend the ingredients well.
3. Shape about one tablespoon mixture into a ball.
4. In Dutch oven or large skillet heat oil and brown meatballs in it.
5. Drain and reserve.
6. Stir in rice and water.
7. Bring to boil.
8. Decrease heat cook covered over low flame for 13 to 14 minutes until rice is done.
9. Mix sugar, vinegar, peppers, and pineapple juice.
10. Bring to boil.
11. Decrease heat. Cook covered over low flame for 5 minutes until peppers are just cooked.
12. In a small bowl, add cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Combine well.
13. Add to the meatball mixture.
14. Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring often.
15. Serve hot.
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.9%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.9 mg44.3%
Sodium 910 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 165.7%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet