Gold Coast Stew
|Peanut oil/Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips|
|Red pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips|
|Canned chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Or Fresh)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Creamy peanut butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Or Chunky)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cubed cooked chicken/Cubed leftover turkey||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and saute onion and green- and red-pepper cook, stirring occasionally, until tender for 5 minutes.
2) Stir chicken broth, tomato paste, peanut butter, sugar, chili powder, salt and nutmeg stirring until mixed well.
3) Simmer and cook stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
4) Mix in the chicken and cook until heated through.
5) Serve stew hot with cooked rice, garnished with chopped peanuts.