Chuck Wagon Stew
|Stewing beef||1 Pound|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Corn oil/Fat||3 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||4 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock cube||1|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Few Required)|
1) Cut meat into small pieces.
2) Season corn flour.
3) Dissolve beef stock cube in water.
4) Dredge meat in seasoned corn flour.
5) In a pan heat oil and brown meat.
6) Take a casserole and put the meat piece in it.
7) Add onions, carrots and garlic into the pan along with remaining corn flour. Stir until lightly browned.
8) Then, add mushrooms, wine, and 1/2 pint water mixed with the stock cube and bring to a boil. Stir in between.
9) Put this sauce over meat and cover it nicely. Cook it for 2 hours in slow oven.
10) Add the olives 10 minutes prior to serving.
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg20%
Sodium 624.3 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 25 g49.4%
Vitamin A 203.9% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet