Pork Stew with Dumplings
|Potatoes||2 Large, quartered|
|Celery stick||1 , chopped|
|Pork chops||1 Large|
|Flour/Plain flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder||4 Ounce|
|Suet||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required, for mixing)|
1) Into a saucepan, add in the potatoes, onion, turnip and chopped celery.
2) Arrange the pork chops over the sauteing vegetables.
3) Add in the bay leaf and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
4) Add in water to cover the chops. Let the mixture come to a boil. Skim the excess oil from the surface.
5) Let the saucepan simmer away till the meat turns tender.
6) To prepare the dumplings, sieve together the flour or flour with baking powder along with salt.
7) To the dry add in the chopped suet and enough water. Mix to get a dry yet slightly stick dough.
8) With floured hands, roll the dough into small balls.
9) Drop the dumpling into the stewing mixture. Cook for about 15 minutes on simmer.
10) Serve the Pork Stew with Dumplings garnished with chopped parsley.