Herbed Haddock Stew With Potatoes
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomato/1/4 cup tomato sauce||1 , diced|
|Green pepper||1 , diced|
|Celery stalk||2 , sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 , cubed|
|Haddock fillets||2 Pound, cut 1 inch thick|
1. In a skillet, gently warm olive oil on a very low flame.
2. Saute vegetables.
3. Add herbs, spices, water and cubed potatoes. Stir it well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until mixture is soft and slightly brown.
4. Add fish over it. Cover and simmer again for 10 minutes.
5. Turn fish and cook for a further 10 minutes.
6. Check taste and adjust seasoning as required.
7. To serve Herbed Haddock Stew With Potatoes, place haddock on the side of the serving plate and stew beside it. Substitute halibut, cod, red snapper, or any favorite fish fillet or steak.