|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can, Whole Ones)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Fat free roux||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||10 , chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Seafood seasoning||3 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Scald the crawfish.
2) Add enough water to cover the crawfish with about 4 inches of water.
3) Allow to boil.
4) Add the crawfish o the boiling water and leaving the pot uncovered, turn off heat.
5) After 5 minutes drain and peel the crawfish.
6) Spray a large cooking pot with cooking spray and gently heat.
7) Add onions, celery, whole tomatoes and tomato paste.
8) Turn heat down and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
9) Add fat free roux.
10) Stir well and add gallon of hot water, garlic and seafood seasoning.
11) Boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
12) Lower heat and cook on slow, uncovered, for an 1 hour.
13) Add crawfish tails and continue to cook for another 20 minutes.
14) Add green onion tops and parsley.
15) Serve with cooked rice, French bread and a vegetable salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1117 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1034.3 mg344.8%
Sodium 1689.8 mg70.4%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g73%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 159 g318.1%
Vitamin A 166.6% Vitamin C 270.2%
Calcium 66.2% Iron 105.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet