|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can, Whole Ones)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Fat free roux||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||10 , chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Seafood seasoning||3 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Scald the crawfish.
2) Add enough water to cover the crawfish with about 4 inches of water.
3) Allow to boil.
4) Add the crawfish o the boiling water and leaving the pot uncovered, turn off heat.
5) After 5 minutes drain and peel the crawfish.
6) Spray a large cooking pot with cooking spray and gently heat.
7) Add onions, celery, whole tomatoes and tomato paste.
8) Turn heat down and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
9) Add fat free roux.
10) Stir well and add gallon of hot water, garlic and seafood seasoning.
11) Boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
12) Lower heat and cook on slow, uncovered, for an 1 hour.
13) Add crawfish tails and continue to cook for another 20 minutes.
14) Add green onion tops and parsley.
15) Serve with cooked rice, French bread and a vegetable salad.