My Grandmother's Veal Stew
|Bacon strip||3 , diced|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Veal||2 Pound, cubed|
|Water/Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 250° F.
2. Taka a skillet and place bacon, butter, onion, and mushrooms in it.
3. Saute the mixture over low heat. Saute till golden brown
4. With a slotted spoon remove the mixture.
5. In an ovenproof serving dish arrange the mixture.
6. In a skillet add bacon fat and butter, and then insert veal to it.
7. Allow meat pieces to brown from all sides.
8. Remove veal from skillet, leaving fat in it.
9. Place the brown pieces of meat in baking dish.
10. Mix the pieces well with bacon mixture.
11. Add water (or stock), sour cream, salt, and paprika to the fat in skillet.
12. Boil the mixture.
13. Pour over meat mixture.
14. Cover the dish using lid.
15. Place the dish in oven and bake for 1 hour, or until veal is tender when pierced with fork.
16. Serve My Grandmother veal stew hot, if desired with parsley or basil garnish.