Vegetable Oyster Stew
|Carrots||2 Medium, scraped and grated|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Take a saucepan and melt butter in it. Add carrots and celery. SautÃ© until the vegetables turn tender and soft but not brown.
2) Stir in milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Cook the oysters in their own liquor for about 5 minutes or until edges begin to curl.
4) Add oysters to the vegetable mixture.
5) Sprinkle pepper, salt and paprika.
6) Pour stew in 8 serving bowls. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Do not let stand as the stew would curdle in that case.