Vegetable Oyster Stew
|Carrots||2 Medium, scraped and grated|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Take a saucepan and melt butter in it. Add carrots and celery. SautÃ© until the vegetables turn tender and soft but not brown.
2) Stir in milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Cook the oysters in their own liquor for about 5 minutes or until edges begin to curl.
4) Add oysters to the vegetable mixture.
5) Sprinkle pepper, salt and paprika.
6) Pour stew in 8 serving bowls. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Do not let stand as the stew would curdle in that case.
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.1 mg28.7%
Sodium 239.5 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 67.1% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 35%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet