Little Hush Lamb Stew
|Lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 2" pieces (shank, shoulder, breast or neck)|
|Dill seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 , cut in 1 slices|
|Potatoes||2 , cut in 1 slices|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, tip in the flour, salt and pepper.
2. Roll the meat in the mixture.
3. Brown the meat in the hot fat
4. Add dill and water to the pan and then cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Add the onions, carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or till the vegetables are tender.
5. In a small bowl, mix the cream and flour and stir well. Blend this into the meat mixture and cook till thick while stirring to prevent lump formation.
6. Serve hot