Little Hush Lamb Stew
|Lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 2" pieces (shank, shoulder, breast or neck)|
|Dill seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 , cut in 1 slices|
|Potatoes||2 , cut in 1 slices|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, tip in the flour, salt and pepper.
2. Roll the meat in the mixture.
3. Brown the meat in the hot fat
4. Add dill and water to the pan and then cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Add the onions, carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or till the vegetables are tender.
5. In a small bowl, mix the cream and flour and stir well. Blend this into the meat mixture and cook till thick while stirring to prevent lump formation.
6. Serve hot
Calories 745 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.4%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.9 mg50.6%
Sodium 644.1 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.2%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 38 g76.4%
Vitamin A 159.1% Vitamin C 68.1%
Calcium 13% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet