Peruvian Lamb Stew
|Lamb shoulder||2 Pound, boned and cut in 2" pieces|
|Boiling broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||2 , juiced|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Lima beans||1 Quart, cooked, seasoned (fresh, frozen or canned)|
1. Preheat the oven to 275°
2. In a large pot, prepare the broth with the trimmings
3. In another large pot, place the meat with the lemon juice, onion, garlic and seasonings and let it steep in the marinade for 2 hours till done. Remove the meat from the marinade and set the liquid aside for later
4. In a large skillet, pour in the fat and brown the meat till cooked through.
5. Place the hot meat in a stew pot, pour the marinade on top and then pour the boiling broth to cover the meat 3/4th of the way up. Cover the meat and bake in a very hot oven till the meat is tender.
6. Remove the meat from the pan, strain the broth and skim off all the fat
7. Add the lima beans to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Add the meat to the pan and then simmer till thick. If required add 1 tblsp fat with 1 1/2 tblsp flour to make a thicker gravy
9. Serve hot