Catfish Stew And Rice
|Paprika||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried crushed oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, pared and quartered|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained, broken up (1 can)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs), bottled|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 , coarsely chopped|
|Catfish fillets||2 Pound, sliced into 2-inch pieces|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (hot)|
|Green onions||2 , sliced|
1) Hot 'n' Spicy Seasoning : In a bowl, combine paprika, dried crushed oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper and dry mustard together; mix thoroughly.
2) Catfish stew : In a large pot, combine the potatoes, tomatoes, onion, clam juice, water and garlic together.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and simmer over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the cabbage and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Dredge the catfish fillets lightly with the hot 'n' spicy seasoning.
6) Add the fish into the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is thoroughly cooked.
7) Spoon rice into 4 shallow soup bowls, ladle over the soup, sprinkle with the green onions and serve immediately.