Frank And Kraut Stew
|Onion||1 Large, sliced to make 1 cup|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned sauerkraut||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Potatoes||3 , peeled and cubed|
|Carrots||2 Medium, thinly sliced (About 1/2 Cup)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Frankfurters||1 Pound, quartered|
1. In a Dutch oven or a large skillet, melt shortening and sautÃ© onion and green pepper until tender.
2. Stir in sauerkraut, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, water, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
3. Cover and simmer for about 35 minutes until vegetables are tender.
4. Stir in frankfurters and simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Serve piping hot Frank And Kraut Stew with some garlic bread.