|Lean beef||1 Pound, cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|Lean pork||8 Ounce, cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil/Bacon fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced into 1/4-inch slices|
|Beet||1 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into 3/4-inch slices|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, shredded|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Frozen green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), Defrosted|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a large non-stick pan heat oil and brown beef and pork.
2) Put the meat in slow cooker.
3) In the same pan, heat ½ cup of water and stir to remove the browned bits.
4) Pour the bits over the meat, and add carrots, beet, celery, potatoes, onions, cabbage, salt and remaining water.
5) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
6) Stir in the tomatoes and green beans, parsley and basil, before last 10 minutes of cooking.
7) Serve hot over the bed of rice or with crusty Italian rolls, if desired.
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.5 mg19.2%
Sodium 789.5 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.8%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 85.7% Vitamin C 67.3%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet