Chicken Stew With Rice
Carrots- 4, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Converted Rice- 3/4 cup
Frying Chicken- 1 2- to 3-pound
Water- 2 cups
Salt- 1 1/2 teaspoons
Frozen Peas- 1 cup, defrosted
Fresh Parsley Leaves- 1/2 tablespoons, chopped
1) In a slow cooker, mix together celery, carrots and rice.
2) Mix in the chicken, water and salt with the celery mixture.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
4) Stir in the peas before last 10 minutes of cooking.
5) Take the chicken out of the cooker and remove the skin and bones of the chicken.
6) Cut the chicken in dices and put the chicken back in rice mixture.
7) Serve hot in the bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.