Lamb And Carrot Stew
Water- 2 cups
Black Peppercorns- 5 whole
Onion- 1 whole
Potatoes- 4 nos., cubed
Carrots- 1 pound, cut into 1/2-inch slices
Kohlrabi- 1/2 pound, cut into 1-inch cubes
Salt- 2 teaspoons
Caraway Seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Leek- 1no., or Scallions- 3nos., cut into 1/2-inch slices
Parsley- 1 teaspoon, chopped
Flour-Water Paste- 3 tablespoon (optional)
1) In slow cooker, put together lamb, water, peppercorns, onion, potatoes, carrots, kohlrabi, salt, and caraway seeds.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 hours.
3) Stir in the leeks and parsley before the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
4) Spoon 1/4 cup of gravy from cooker into a saucepan.
5) Stir the flour-water paste, in the gravy.
6) Simmer the gravy, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
7) Pour the gravy mixture into meat mixture.
8) Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
9) Remove the meat from the gravy, and cut into 1 inch cubes.
10) Serve hot in bowls with hot rice.