Market Left Tunisian Lamb Stew
Olive Oil- 3 tablespoons
Water- 1 cup
Onions- 2 medium, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Salt- 1 1/2 teaspoons
Paprika- 1 teaspoon
Sugar- 1 teaspoon
White Radishes- 8 large (or 1/2 cup red radishes), sliced paper thin
Green Peppers- 2 medium, cored and sliced
Small Tomatoes- 8 whole, peeled
Parsley- 1 teaspoon, chopped
Flour-Water Paste- 3 tablespoon (optional)
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the lamb in it.
2) Transfer the meat in slow cooker.
3) In the same pan, pour ½ of the water.
4) Bring the water to a boil, stirring continuously to scrape off the bits.
5) Pour the water over the meat, along with onions, salt, paprika, sugar and remaining water.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
7) Stir in radishes, green peppers, and tomatoes, 5 to 10 minutes before
the end of cooking and raise the heat to high.
8) Heat just until the vegetables are hot.
9) Spoon 1/4 cup of gravy from cooker into a saucepan.
10) Stir the flour-water paste, in the gravy.
11) Simmer the gravy, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
12) Pour the gravy mixture into meat mixture.
13) Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
14) Remove the meat from the gravy, and slice the meat.
15) Serve hot over the bed of rice and sprinkle parsley over the top.