Savory Chicken Stew
|Broiler fryer||3 1⁄2 Pound, skinned (1 Piece)|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Quart|
|Carrots||3 Medium, scraped and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Medium||2 Medium, quartered|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Dried whole tarragon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
1) Remove the giblets and neck from the chicken and keep aside for other uses.
2) Trim the excess fat from the chicken.
3) Place the chicken in a Dutch oven along with 2 quarts of water.
4) Boil the chicken. Reduce the heat and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
5) After 45 minutes, take out the chicken from the oven and allow it to cool.
6) Keep around 3 cups of stock in the oven.
7) Make the pieces of chicken and add to the stock in the oven. Also add carrots, onions, celery, tarragon, salt pepper and 1 cup of water.
8) Bring them to boil.
9) Simmer the mixture for 1 hour on low heat.
10) Take the milk and flour in a bowl and mix them well. Add this milk mixture to the stew.
11) Cook on high heat to make the stew little thick.
12) Garnish the stew and serve hot with rice, pasta or bread.