Veal Stew with Cocktail onions
|Veal shoulder||8 Ounce|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Leeks||2 , trimmed and cut into 1 inch slices|
|Olive oil/Walnut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cocktail onions in wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) Wash the veal and place on paper towels.
2) Cut veal into 1-inch cubes.
3) In a plastic bag, combine flour with thyme, add veal, and toss till well coated.
4) In a pan, add oil and heat.
5) Add peperoncino and turn frequently till well browned, then dispose.
6) Add veal and brown turning over.
7) Mix in the onions and their vinegar, place lid and reduce heat.
8) Allow to simmer till tender.
9) Add in the sour cream and heat and serve immediately.