|Carrot||1 , peeled and diced|
|Leeks||1 , finely sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely sliced|
|Onion||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 can)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© carrot, leeks, celery and onion until soft.
2) Stir in tomatoes, stock, parsley, lentils and seasoning until well mixed. 3) Put the lid on and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the lentils are cooked.
4) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Place the cooled lentil mixture in plastic container.
5) Seal, label and freeze the container.
6) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
7) If using the frozen lentil mixture, thaw at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
8) In a saucepan, reheat gently over the stove, stirring occasionally.
9) Serve as mentioned in step 6.