|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Small bread cubes||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Finley chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Crushed thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned sliced carrots||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Whole white potatoes||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Small whole white onions||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread, onion, and salt together; mix thoroughly.
2) Shape the beef mixture into 24 meatballs.
3) In a skillet, saute the meatballs in shortening, until browned; drain off the excess fat.
4) Stir in rest of the ingredients and cook over a low heat for 20 min; stirring occasionally.
5) Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
6) Serve the Meatball Stew immediately on serving plates.
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.7%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 120.6 mg40.2%
Sodium 1315 mg54.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 25 g50.5%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 34.2%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet